KMS 2.2 (current release) - New Features & Fixes
- [New] Support for multiple Managed Metadata Service Applications added to Web Parts.
- [New] Support for inherited metadata added for the Web Parts. Child terms can be included automatically in term ID search. An additional managed property is required.
- [New] Search results now can be sorted by any managed property ascending or descending.
- [New] The Installation Checker now checks existance of the required Microsoft.VisualStudio.OLE.Interop.dll for the Tag Suggester und Auto Tagger.
- [Fix] If to many terms are selected in the Related Content Web Part, the default SharePoint query length is exceeded. Now a warning is given in the Web Part properties in this case.
KMS 2.1.4 - Fixes
- The release fixes issues in the Tag Suggester component only. No changes in other parts.
- With SharePoint 2013 the Tag Suggester tab "Suggestions" was not shown. Now fixed.
- An issue with calling the jQuery noConflict method was fixed.
- Issues with identifying the current list item are fixed.
KMS 2.1.2 - Fixes
KMS 2.1 - New Features, Fixes & Changes
Please note that any upgrade to V2.* needs a new license file.
[NEW] Support for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013. Upgrades are free for all customers with valid Software Assurance.
[NEW] Support for FAST Search in SharePoint 2010.
[NEW] "@TermName" and "@SocialTagName" now can be used additionally as placeholder in navigation web parts to build a custom link URL.
[NEW] Template System for KMS WebParts (Tag Cloud, Tag Directory, Tag Navigation, Related Content). Documentation is comming soon. Known issue: Do not delete templates that are in use.
[MOD] Optimized rendering of web part properties (edit mode).
[FIX] In Tag Directory Web Part, when set to display "Used Terms" only, sometimes terms are listed twice. This issue is fixed in the current release.
KMS V1.8 - Fixes & Changes
[NEW] Taxonomy Manager - Improved taxonomy import feature: Support for Resource Description Framework (RDF) and better support for certain SKOS formats, that are not 100% complient.
[FIX] Taxonomy Manager - Improved taxonomy import performance.
[MOD] Tag Suggester - Folder names are taken into consideration for tag suggestions.
- [MOD] Auto Tagger - After Installation the scope list value Include is set to False by default to avoid unwanted auto-tagging after feature activation.
- [FIX] Auto Tagger - A title column is no longer mandatory for items and documents.
[MOD] Auto Tagger - The column "next run" in the auto tagger configuration list is a required field now (must have a value).
KMS V1.7.1 - Fixes & Changes
[FIX] Tag Suggester did not suggest terms that consists of multiple words, separated by spaces. That is fixed with the current release.
[MOD] If Tag Suggester is not able to retrieve data from the currently open form client-side, now it tries to get from previously saved list or library item. With previous version there were no suggestions in this case.
[FIX] Auto Tagger now applies terms that consist of multiple words (separated by space). Such terms were not applied in previous versions.
KMS V1.7 - Fixes & Changes (Auto Tagger only)
- [ADD] Scopes are introduced to include and to exclude specific sites, lists, columns and content types to or from tagging. By default all content of the current site collection is tagged. See included manual for more details.
- [ADD] Default "All Items" views are added for the Auto Tagger Configuration List and the Auto Tagger Scopes List to display all required information.
- [FIX] There was an issue with overwrite mode in previous versions. Tags, that are no longer applied, were not removed correctly with overwrite-mode set to true. This is fixed now.
Now those tags, that are no longer validate (e.g. in case of text or rule change) are removed correctly with overwrite mode set to true. Please note, that no existing tags are removed from items or documents if overwrite is set to false.
- [FIX] There was an issue with licensing while auto-tagging publishing pages (because not all publishing pages have a title or name field). This caused an error with previous versions.
It is now fixed: Such pages are not tagged in Shareware mode.
- [MOD] The current product version now is displayed in a column of the Auto Tagger Configuration List.
- [MOD] Edit-Forms of configuration lists now display columns with write access only.
- [MOD] All columns of configuration lists do have a description now.
- [MOD] The Config Feature in feature activation list is now hidden. It is managed by the main feature.
- [DEL] The columns TargetUID and Level are no longer used in the config list.
How to upgrade from 1.6
- Install all components using the installer provided. After installation please re-activate the farm feature for the auto tagger timer job. Please also IISReset and restart Windows SharePoint Timer Service. The configuration lists are modified automatically during first run of auto tagger.
How to clean install 1.7
- Install all components using the installer provided. After installation please activate the main Auto Tagger feature on site collection level. This creates both configuration lists with default settings. With the first run of Auto Tagger all items of the site collection are tagged.