With the Cloud Connector Connection Manager (a MMC snap-in) you have to setup:
1. The connection (e.g. uni-directional with overwrite, scheduling etc.),
2. The data source (your Intranet view ToExtranet), and
3. The data destination (in Extranet, the library must be created manually before).
You can use auto-mapping to connect the fields of both data entities or map fields manually.
See here for example connection settings:
Fig. Example of a Intranet-to-Extranet one-way connection.
- Bi-directional connections are supported as well, if required.
- If Overwrite Destination is enabled, non-matching entries in the destination will be removed with initial sync.
- Please enable scheduling later on, when all settings are verified and you have an idea of replication duration. Duration time depends on bandwidth, performance of source and destination, document size, and number of documents. Only changes are transferred.
Before running the connection, you have to define the data source and destination.
Fig. The CSOM Provider is used to connect to the data source, e.g. a SharePoint on-premises.
- The view "ToExtranet" is given as data source in connection string.
- Windows authentication is used to connect to the Intranet.
- You don't have to enter a primary key, SharePoint document IDs are used by default.
- Please verify all settings before saving.
- The data source could also be in the cloud. Cloud-to-Cloud connections are supported as well.
Next you have to define your data destination:
Fig. Data destination example with a library "Extranet" in the Office 365 cloud.
- The destination can be an on-premises SharePoint as well or any other hosted SharePoint sandbox.
- No installation required on either side, source and destination. The Cloud Connector runs somewhere in your network as a Windows service, e.g. on any Windows Server or Client (Windows 7).
Last, set up and verify your Mappings between the source and destination. The easiest way is to click Enable Auto Mapping in the Mappings UI.
Fig. Example using the Auto Mapping feature.
If you wish to use custom mapping, disable Auto Mapping, and then you can add / remove fields using the green plus and red minus.
- In order to properly transfer files between the two sources, IsFolder and FileContent MUST be set! FileName and FilePath are also recommended.
If all settings are verified, please go to connection root and run the connection manually first. Please note that it could take some time to transfer all documents. You can take a look in your cloud library to see the progress.