Layer2 SharePoint extensions are licensed on a per server base. That means:
- A license is required for every single server.
- There are no additional user CALs required.
- All web frontend server (WFE) have to be licenced.
- There is no license required for infrastructure server, e.g. for index or search server.
- Application server have to be licenced in case of timer jobs will be used, e.g. for using BDLC background update or the Auto Tagger product.
- The CA server (if any) has to be licenced in some cases, because it's a WFE by default (it renders the CA). In some cases timer jobs are executed there (see above).
- Please note, that licensing the Cloud Connector product is not related to any SharePoint servers. It's a standalone application and it is licensed per installation for the server or computer it is installed with Professional or Enterprise version.
- There are discounts, if you want to order multiple licenses at once. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a detailed offer, if required.
- The license price is a one-time fee.
- For development you can generally use the free Shareware version, but please note the Shareware limitations (product specific). Development, QA or other non-production server licenses are discounted with 50%. Please note, that non-production licenses are sold as an add-on to production licenses only.
- For some products you can optionally buy additional packages for Software Assurance (annual fee, approx. 20% of license costs) and support (per hour). Please check the web shop for this.
If you have ordered the licences and the payment process is successfully closed, you will receive a product key. About activating your product using this license key, please see General FAQs: "How to activate a Layer2 product?"
Please note our cost-free partner program for reseller and implementer with free NFR versions, 30% discount on licenses etc. If you have any further questions about licensing Layer2 products for your specific configuration, please contact email@example.com.