The cost-free Layer2 Term Set Glossary App for Microsoft SharePoint 2013 displays taxonomies or selected term groups / sets of managed metadata and enterprise keywords right from the SharePoint Term Store linked to the items and documents that are tagged with this terms, to the corresponding Hashtag Profile Page, or any other custom page. The glossary app is a must-have for all SharePoint implementations in the field of knowledge management, document management and social collaboration.
The app was developed completely new based on the new app model for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 and certified by Microsoft, published via the Microsoft SharePoint App Store.
Fig.: The App Part can be added to SharePoint pages via the App Store and offers very flexible, template-based settings. For example term descriptions or other properties can be displayed as tooltipp. Terms can be linked to all items and documents that are classified with this term or to any other custom page, e.g.
to a Hashtag Profile Page.
The Layer2 Term Set Glossary App für Microsoft SharePoint 2013 has the following features & benefits:
- More efficient information access on SharePoint portals: The app offers an additional navigation that makes it easy and fast to find desired information for users, that don't know, where the information is originally located. A great step forward for employee portals, intranets, extranets and corporate Internet sites.
- Helps to build a common corporate language: The app can be used as some kind of company-wide glossary, very helpful for employees to find a common corporate language and understanding within the enterprise.
- Flexible settings: The index is rendered automatically based on the SharePoint Term Store. Starting nodes could be given from existing taxonomies.
- No additional effort: The index is built automatically – always up-to-date.
- Flexible user interface design and linking: The app comes with an easy to customize template- and style sheet-based output. Additional information from the term store, such as term descriptions or other properties can be displayed optionally as a tooltip. Terms can be linked to Hashtag Profile Pages, Wiki pages, or custom search driven result sets, e.g. all documents and items that are tagged with the linked term.
- High security and compliance: The app uses client-side code only to access and query your SharePoint portal and display results. No information is transferred to any 3rd party application or server at any time. No changes are made to your SharePoint portal during installation.
- 100% Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Technology: The app is based on the SharePoint 2013 Enterprise Metadata Management API and follows completely the new app concept of Microsoft SharePoint 2013.
- Flexible licensing via Microsoft SharePoint App Store: Can be licensed per user or generally for the scope of the app.