The cost-free Layer2 Term Set Glossary for SharePoint and Office 365 displays taxonomies, selected term groups / sets of managed metadata, and enterprise keywords right from the SharePoint Term Store linked to the items and documents that are tagged with this terms, the corresponding Hashtag Profile page, or any other custom page. The glossary add-in is a must-have for all SharePoint implementations in the field of knowledge management, document management, and social collaboration.
The add-in was developed based on the new app model for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 and certified by Microsoft, published via the Microsoft SharePoint App Store
Fig. The App Part can be added to SharePoint pages via the App Store and offers very flexible, template-based settings. For example, term descriptions or other properties can be displayed as tooltips. Terms can be linked to all items and documents that are classified with this term or to any other custom page, such as a Hashtag Profile page.
The Layer2 Term Set Glossary for SharePoint and Office 365 has the following features & benefits:
- More efficient information access on SharePoint portals: The add-in offers an additional navigation method that makes it fast and easy for users to find desired information. A great step forward for employee portals, intranets, extranets and corporate Internet sites.
- Helps to build a common corporate language: The add-in can be used a company-wide glossary, which will help employees find a common corporate language and understanding within the enterprise.
- Flexible settings: The index is rendered automatically based on the SharePoint Term Store. Starting nodes could be given from existing taxonomies.
- No additional effort: The index is built automatically - always up-to-date.
- Flexible user interface design and linking: The add-in comes with an easy to customize template- and style sheet-based output. Additional information from the Term Store, such as term descriptions or other properties, can be displayed as a tooltip. Terms can be linked to Hashtag Profile pages, Wiki pages, or custom search-driven result sets (for example, all documents and items that are tagged with the linked term).
- High security and compliance: The add-in uses only client-side code to access and query your SharePoint portal and display results. No information is transferred to any 3rd-party applications or servers at any time. No changes are made to your SharePoint portal during installation.
- 100% Microsoft SharePoint and Office 365 Technology: The add-in is based on the SharePoint 2013 & Office 365 Enterprise Metadata Management API and follows the new app concept of Microsoft SharePoint.
- Flexible licensing via Microsoft SharePoint App Store: Can be licensed per user or generally for the scope of the tool.